Terms and Conditions
Tickets for Glitterball are subject to the following terms and conditions. By confirming, reserving, booking, or purchasing tickets for the Ball, you agree to the following:
- Tickets are refundable before 7th January 2022, but will incur an admin fee of £5 per ticket.
- Ticket refunds after 23:59:59 on 7th January 2022 will incur an admin fee of £10 per ticket.
- No tickets will be refunded after 23:59:59 on 14th January 2022.
- You and any guests you invite are over 18 years of age on or before 21st January 2022.
- Ball tickets must not be sold or transferred. Any ticket found to have been resold will be deemed void, and no refund will be given.
- It is forbidden for any user to register multiple accounts for the purposes of evading limits on the number of tickets per person. Any person found to be doing so will have all their tickets deemed void, and no refund will be given.
- Glitterball reserves the right to cancel and refund any ticket at any time before the Ball, for any reason deemed appropriate by the Committee, in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- If the Glitterball is cancelled, the Committee will offer 90% refunds to ticket holders. Committee will keep 10% of fees to support acts, suppliers, etc. who were booked for the Ball.
- This includes if the Ball is cancelled due to the COVID-19 restrictions of the government, local authority, venue, or university; or if a second party (not the Committee itself, e.g. the venue) withdraws.
- If a second party is responsible for the cancellation, the Committee cannot accept responsibility for this decision. If the decision is deemed to not be on fair or just grounds, the Committee will try to overturn the decision but no guarantees can be made.
- If the Glitterball is postponed, all tickets will be transferred to the new date unless the ticket holder desires a refund, at which point a full refund will be given, minus £2 for platform fees.
- This includes if the Ball is postponed due to the COVID-19 restrictions of the government, local authority, venue, or university; or if a second party (not the Committee itself, e.g. the venue) withdraws or postpones.
- If a second party is responsible for the postponement, the Committee cannot accept responsibility for this decision. If the decision is deemed to not be on fair or just grounds, the Committee will try to overturn the decision but no guarantees can be made.
- All guests must register on the OXEX ticketing system and have a ticket attached to their account. Tickets which are not attached to a guest’s account will not count as valid tickets.
- The guest account to which a ticket is attached may not be changed, your ticket is non-transferable. Any cancellations will incur an administration fee.
- The Glitterball Committee reserves the right to refuse admittance, with no refund of ticket, to any guest who they believe is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- You are obliged to wear the given security ID at all times and carry with you valid photo ID in order to comply with security checks at the entrance and during the event. Failure to do so may result in your expulsion from the premises, with no refund of your ticket.
- Glitterball 2021 will operate a strict no re-admittance policy. Any guest who leaves the Ball after having been admitted, will have their security ID removed and will not be allowed to re-enter under any circumstances whatsoever.
- You agree to behave in an appropriate manner throughout the event and will treat the venue, staff and other guests with respect.
- Glitterball operates a strict Zero Tolerance Policy to ensure our event is as inclusive and safe as possible. This includes but is not limited to
- and ableism
Any individual found to be in violation of our Zero Tolerance Policy will be removed from the event permanently without a refund.
- Any person whose behaviour is judged to be unruly or offensive by the Glitterball Committee will be expelled from the Ball immediately, will not be allowed to re-enter and will not be given a refund.
- The purchaser of tickets will be responsible for their own behaviour and the behaviour of any guests that they bring to the Glitterball.
- Any attendees of Glitterball 2021 who are found to be aiding non-ticket holders in an attempt to gain entry will be immediately expelled from the Glitterball, with no refund of their ticket.
- You agree to follow the instructions of the Glitterball Committee throughout the Ball.
- Neither the Glitterball Committee nor Town Hall are liable for any loss, damage or injuries sustained at the Ball, save for any personal injury or death due to negligence of the Glitterball Committee or Town Hall.
- The Glitterball Committee reserves the right to amend the programme for the event at any point.
- Gates will close on the night at 9pm on the 12th November. After this hour no one will be admitted to the Ball, regardless of whether they have a ticket or not.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency requiring a full scale evacuation from the Ball, you must comply with instructions given by Glitterball Committee, Town Hall and security staff, and you will not be issued with any compensation nor a refund for your ticket.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- If these terms and conditions are changed, you will be notified of the change and asked to re-confirm your agreement. Failure to agree with updated terms and conditions will lead to your ticket being refunded in full, excluding the £2 platform fee.
Users of the glitterball.org website agree, in addition, to the following terms and conditions:
- You may:
(a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
(c) print pages from our website;
(d) view any training and guidance documents that we upload to our website;
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not usur website for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
(c) show any material from our website in public;
(d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from our website.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- Acceptable use: You must not:
(a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
(g) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- We do not warrant or represent:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 26 & 27, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) are subject to Section 26 & 27; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- Breaches of these terms and conditions: Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) temporarily suspend your access to our website;
(c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
(d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking, including without limitation creating and/or using a different account.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions.
- If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- Subject to Section 26 & 27, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
- This website is owned and operated by Glitterball Committee 2021.
- Our principal business is Somerville College, Woodstock Road, OX2 6HD
- You can contact us
- By post, to the postal address given above, ℅ Gwendy Davenport
- By email, to firstname.lastname@example.org